We have lots of things planned for the Advent and Christmas season that should make this an extra special season. Be sure to mark your calendar and let me know how you’d like to participate.
- Advent Decorating Day – Monday November 23rd from 2:00 – 6:00 pm
You can schedule a time to participate in the decorating.
- Hanging of the Greens video – Sunday November 29th – bonus worship video
- For the Children – Schedule a time with me during the week of Thanksgiving to have your children and grandchildren place ornaments on the Chrismon tree. Families will have their own time to decorate the tree.
- Advent at Home boxes – We will need your help preparing and delivering boxes.
- You can help prepare boxes on Monday November 23rd from 2 – 6 pm.
- We will need help delivering boxes on Friday November 27th and Saturday November 28th.
- Christmas Eve – 2 options
* We will offer a worship video that will be available the morning of Christmas Eve.
* We will have an in-person outdoor worship service at 7:30 pm in the back parking lot.
BUDGET / STEWARDSHIP
Pastor Sheri and the Finance Team are working on a budget to present to the Board at the upcoming Board meeting. You should have received a letter with a covenant card for your 2021 offerings. Those came with a return envelope. Those envelopes will remain sealed and passed on to Sheri with your confidence that no one will see your estimate except Sheri.
TUESDAY BIBLE STUDY
*** There will be an optional prayer time at 1:45 pm. We will share our joys and concerns before study and focus on study from 2:00 to 3:00 pm. ***
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 841 2524 1787
Call +1 646 558 8656 (Long distance charges may apply)
2020 Thanksgiving Offering
On November 15 and 22, Disciples churches across the US and Canada will collect the Thanksgiving offering. In the midst of national and global challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, our higher education institutions are facing unprecedented challenges and need our support now, more than ever. You will can donate online at: http://disciplesmissionfund.org/give/
A Gift Card Collection for Welcome House
For our Christmas Outreach project, we will be collecting gift cards for Welcome House clients. We will collect the gift cards through December and can be mailed to the church. If you want us to get your cards for you, send a check to the church with a memo that reads “Christmas Outreach Project”. If you need more info about the kind and amount of cards, please call Pastor Tracy.
Aug 1 to Oct 31 2020 from only 9 households gave us $42.89 in total donations. Imagine if we all had First Christian Church as our Kroger Rewards partner! All you have to do is link your Kroger Card to First Christian Church, that is it! Then when you spend and save, we get the donation!
Make a difference this holiday. Shop for gifts at smile.amazon.com/ch/61-0549872 to generate donations for First Christian Church and check out our AmazonSmile Charity Lists to donate items we need most.